Here are a few Questions & Answers:
Q: What is A Space 2 Grow?
A: A group of volunteers that have worked together to create a community garden near the centre of Sunderland. It is a place of quiet beauty and also a place to grow vegetables, fruit and we even keep bees!
Q: Can I help out or get involved
A: Yes – we have regular volunteer sessions on Saturdays and we hope to start midweek sessions soon. For updates see our facebook page
Q: What can I do there? A: Lots or just relax and enjoy the space!
- Just come and enjoy the garden or come for a natter – we are a social bunch.
- Learn about growing veg, herbs and fruit.
- Help with watering, planting and sowing.
- Help us run volunteer sessions, raise money or pass on gardening skills.
- Help with running activities for school groups or students.
Q: Where is it?
A: Next to St Peters church , opposite the University of Sunderland’s St Peters campus. This is a very special site as it’s history goes back to the 7th century when Benedict Biscop set up a monastery here.
If you have a question just leave a comment. You can also get in touch via www.facebook.com/aspace2grow or twitter @aspace2grow